Saturday, January 7, 2017
Yes, You Can Have A Dog And A Clean House
Here are a few ideas to keep on top of the mess and have plenty of time for puppy cuddles.
* Make playtime grooming time, too. Give them a quick brush while you're giving belly rubs.
* Keep a towel by the door so you can wipe off paws before they come inside.
* The handheld vacuum is your best friend, especially when it's a struggle to bring out the big one.
* Stock lint rollers in the closets to roll away fur before you walk out the door.
* Baths are great, but not too frequently or you'll dry out their skin and get rid of the natural oils.
* Have plenty of fabric refresher and carpet powder on hand for keeping a handle on smells.
* Keep food and treats in a single location so crumbs and drool don't go everywhere.
* Clean the dog or cat bed on a regular basis.
* Do a mini-clean every morning or evening to get fur up off the floors.
* Pet blankets specifically for the furniture will save wear and tear on the upholstery, and they can be easily thrown in the washer.
* Slightly dampened rubber gloves will get the fur off almost anything.
Bonus: If you teach your dog to put away her own toys, you'll never have to corral them all ever again!