What To Do With The Scrabble Tiles I Finally Found - Part 1


Ok, so I've spent the past five years looking through our local thrift stores for Scrabble games. A week ago I found my very first one, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The result, none the less, was these adorable, flower-embellished words.


This wasn't a regular Scrabble game, but a children's Disney version. It was played with cards as well, so there was a slit cut in the tray behind the trough where the letters go.


Danny cut the trays down for me once I chose the words I wanted, and we sanded them on both ends to look more finished.


For words that didn't fill up the whole tray, I added adorable butterflies to the blank tiles and spaced them all out.


A small line of hot glue on each tiles keeps them securely fastened.


You have to keep the spacing in mind or you'll accidentally run out of room. I ended up just taking the letters off one at a time, applying the glue and tucking them right back in.


I chose several colors of paper flowers to add as embellishments because they fit perfectly into that slit. I put a dab of hot glue in the opening and tucked the flowers in, securing them well as they spread the glue all the way up and down.


 I love the finished products and can't wait to get them up in the Etsy shop. Click here to see the listings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recovering An Old Card Table And Making It Usable Again

Ruth: A Virtuous Woman

Simple DIY Beaded Keychains