Thursday, January 12, 2017
Caramel Pecan Pie Cheesecake
As with most recipes, there are things that I would change after making it the first time. With that in mind, this is the updated version of a great recipe for my own taste.
1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
3 8-oz packages softened cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Very lightly spray a 10-inch spring form pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a large bowl. Pack firmly into spring form pan and set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until completely smooth. Add vanilla and eggs.
4. Mix in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg little by little until smooth and creamy.
5. Layer filling on top of the crust mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 38-40 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
7. Once cooled, arrange pecans on top of the cheesecake and flood with caramel.