Slow Cooker Lasagna
When I made this for our youth group day last weekend, we came home with about three spoonfuls in the bottom of the dish. I’m honestly surprised they didn’t lick the bowl - they raved about it that much.
I used chunky garden pasta sauce and an Italian seasoning blend for the ground beef. Use your favorites for a personalized combination!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 lbs ground beef
2 Tbsp minced garlic
3 jars pasta sauce
10-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add onion and cook until tender.
2. Add ground beef to skillet and season with Italian seasoning blend. Brown the meat in with the onion.
3. Add garlic to skillet and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. In a large slow cooker, pour just enough pasta sauce to cover the bottom of the dish. Cover the sauce with lasagna noodles, breaking as necessary to cover completely.
5. Spoon 1/3 of the ground beef mixture onto the noodles, then cover with 1/3 of the mozzerella.
6. Repeat twice more, ending with cheese on top.
7. Turn slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Turn off cooker and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve when the cheese is melted.