Single Serve Baked Apples
This simple recipe can be made in a small, oven-safe dish in less than 30 minutes. So
1 apple, sliced
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup apple cider
2. Combine brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
3. Layer 4-5 apple slices in the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle with 1/3 of the sugar mixture.
4. Repeat a second layer of apples and sugars, then apples.
5. Before adding the last layer of sugars, pour apple cider over the entire bowl, stopping about an inch below the rim.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture over the top layer of apples.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or when the top layer of apples is crusted and brown. Serve immediately with ice cream and caramel sauce.