Latin-Italian Combo Stuffed Shells
Don't settle for just Latin food or just Italian food this week. Let's combine the two and serve a creative and absolutely delicious pasta dish.
I've only made these jumbo stuffed shells one other time, and the turkey and cheese stuffed shells were pretty amazing. Try both recipes and see which one you like better!
24 jumbo pasta shells
1lb ground beef
3 Tbsp minced garlic
1/3 cup beef broth
1 pkg taco seasoning
10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp oregano
16 oz fresh salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare pasta shells three minutes less than the box directions instruct. Drain and rinse.
3. In a large, oven-safe skillet, brown the ground beef and garlic. Drain any grease.
4. With heat on medium, add the broth, tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, salt, pepper and oregano. Stir in meat mixture.
6. Pour half the salsa into the bottom of the skillet. Spoon the filling into each shell and line them up on top of the salsa.
7. Top the shells with the remaining salsa and cheeses.
8. Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the tops of each shell.