Roasted Sesame Beef And Broccoli
In less than 30 minutes, you can have hot, fresh beef and broccoli with very limited prep and just 15 minutes of roasting.
The best part of this recipe is that you don't have to cook the meat ahead of time. I hope I'm not the only one who specifically looks for recipes that cook the beef, chicken or pork while it's in the oven rather than preparing it somehow first. If this is you, too, this version's a keeper.
Half an 8-oz bottle of Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
4 Tbsp soy sauce
2 large heads of fresh broccoli, chopped
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
Instant brown rice
Sesame seeds for garnish
Green onions, chopped for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine dressing and 2 Tbsp soy sauce.
3. Add broccoli to the bowl and toss to combine. Pour broccoli into bottom of the baking dish.
4. In the same bowl, combine brown sugar and 2 Tbsp soy sauce.
5. Add steak pieces and toss to coat. Pour steak on top of broccoli in baking dish.
6. Roast beef and broccoli 12-15 minutes, until beef is cooked to desired doneness.
7. Prepare instant brown rice according to package. Serve with beef and broccoli, garnished with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.