What Has God Given? A Word Study
Let me show you what I mean, and I pray it will encourage you to do a study of your own. The word I chose for today is “give.” I did a search of the word give in all its forms: give, given, giveth, gave ... and here are just a few of the uses I found.
* God gives us the Holy Spirit - John 3:34
* God gives us life - John 6:33
* God gives us peace - John 14:27
* God gives us the increase - 1 Corinthians 3:7
* God gives us the victory - 1 Corinthians 15:57
* God gives us things to enjoy - 1 Timothy 6:17
* God gives us grace upon grace - James 4:6
* God gives us our abilities - 1 Peter 4:11
* And one day, God will give us His light in heaven, and there will be no need for the sun, moon and stars.
If you’ve never done a word study in the Bible, today’s the perfect day! Choose a word that has a special meaning in your faith life and do a search. Write down the verses that you find and have a commentary close by for extra insight on what they mean. The Holy Spirit, whose gift it is to enlighten and illuminate, will show you how all those verses fit in to the cannon of His word. I pray this will be a study that draws you closer to the Lord and gives you renewed love for Scripture.