Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Whenever a recipe calls for cinnamon, I always double the amount. It's one of my favorite spices, and I want there to be no doubt that it's there. If you like less of a punch, just decrease the amount you add to your cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
4 oz bar white baking chocolate
1 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add egg yolks, honey and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
4. With mixer speed on low, add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
5. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon.
6. Use your hands to roll a spoonful of dough into a long rope. Roll the rope in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Coil the covered rope on the baking sheet and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
8. When cookies are completely cooled, melt the baking chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave, according to package directions. Add 1 tsp honey and stir until combined. The chocolate will now be thick enough to use as a frosting. For a glaze texture, add a splash of almond milk and stir until you reach the desired consistency.