One of the characteristics of a woman who is leading a victorious Christian life is virtue. A virtuous woman is willing to conform to both moral and divine law, someone who glows with purity and goodness. Sounds like an overwhelming goal, doesn't it? Well, just like everything else in our lives, God has given us exactly what we need to triumph in the virtues He would have us attain.
"And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman" (Ruth 3:11).
Ruth was a poor widow, one who chose to leave her native Moab for her mother-in-law's home town of Bethlehem. She was given the choice to stay behind, but her relationship with Naomi was more important. Ruth was devoted to both her former family and the new family that would greet them (Ruth 4:15).
While she was forced to work in the fields to supply the household's needs, Ruth worked with diligence and stamina. In the second cha…
A local paper crafter told me a couple of weeks ago that she was loving the opportunity to make some bulletin boards. It was like making cards or scrapbook pages, just on a larger canvas. This had me thinking!
So when I was asked to put together a Christmas bulletin board at the church this weekend, I pulled out one of my favorite card templates and used it on that larger canvas. Wrapping paper, wired ribbon, card stock letters and glittered Christmas ornaments replaced my usual scrapbooking supplies.
Then I just had to come home and make a card with the same layout. I love this design and how versatile it is. I could use this exact same arrangement for Christmas or birthday photos on a scrapbook page.
How creative can you get with the same layout, shape, template or design?
A Great Dane and two 8-month-old puppies in the house. It's not even 8 a.m. and I've already said...
* Seriously? Stop!
* Diesel Mac! Stop chewing on your sister's leg!
* We just got back inside - you don't need to go again.
* Please don't bring sticks in the house.
* Molly, the babies aren't chairs. Don't sit on them!
* It's a squirrel, not a burglar!
* Oh look, I walked through pools of water around the dog bowls again.
* We should have purchased stock in carpet cleaner companies. We'd be rich.
* Off the counter. I don't care how cute you are.
* Callie Dee, your brother is not a chew toy!
* Stuffing goes INSIDE the pillows!
* This is the living room, not a demolition derby course!
* Come here. Come here. HERE!
* Now that my shoulder is dislocated, will you stop pulling on the leash?
* We have the best puppies in the whole wide world.