One-Pot Chicken, Broccoli And Rice
Rice is always a tricky thing for me. Even when I follow the recipe to the letter, I always end up with some burning and sticking. I’ve included my modifications so you hopefully won’t have that problem.
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 lb frozen broccoli florets, thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add chicken and seasoning and cook until completely browned.
2. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from pot and heat another Tbsp of olive oil in the pot. (You can also just move the chicken to the side if you want to make it a true 1-pot dish.) Pour in the rice and stir until browned.
4. Add chicken broth to the rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir the chicken back in. Do not cover. Cook mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to keep rice from sticking to the bottom.
5. Stir in broccoli and cook until heated through.
6. Finally, add soy sauce and stir to combine. Serve with shredded cheese.
Post a Comment