They will only be crunchy for a day or two, but you'll find yourself popping handfuls, so they may not last that long.
1 cup cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash the cranberries and dry them off with paper towels.
2. Combine the water, juice and 1/2 cup of sugar in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave for about a minute, then stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Pour the cranberries into this simple syrup, gently stirring to coat completely. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
4. Gently remove the cranberries from the syrup and allow to drip dry on a cooling rack with paper towel underneath. This should just take a few minutes.
5. Pour remaining sugar into a large bowl or baggie. Add the cranberries and gently toss to coat.