Chocolate Cappuccino Overload Crinkles
You might want to make two batches of these, as they will definitely go quickly, especially when people discover that they're flavored with coffee!
1/3 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Using your mixer on medium speed, beat the butter until creamy. Add brown sugar, cocoa powder, coffee granules, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Beat in the egg whites and yogurt.
4. Slowly add in the flour, waiting to add more until all combined.
5. Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl. Make 24 balls out of the sticky dough, then roll each one in the powdered sugar.
6. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on the parchment paper and smooth down the tops a little with your fingers. This will help with the crackle effect.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. At 8 minutes, poke the edge of the cookie with the tip of your finger (carefully, please.) If it's not stiff, put it back in for another minute and repeat. When it feels fairly dry and stiff, it's done.
8. Cool completely on a wire rack. If you can wait that long.