Birdseed Christmas Ornaments
3/4 cup flour
1 packet unflavored gelatin powder
3 Tbsp corn syrup
1/2 cup water
4 cups birdseed
Christmas cookie cutters
nonstick cooking spray
2. Fold in the birdseed until completely coated.
3. Cover the baking sheets with parchment paper and lay out your cookie cutters. Spray them liberally with nonstick spray.
4. Fill each cookie cutter with the wet birdseed mix, pressing it in tightly. You'll need to use your fingers to spread it into the corners.
5. Cut a straw into three pieces and press each one into the top of the shape. Once removed, these holes will be for your hanger.
6. Once they are all filled, leave them out to dry for 4-5 hours.
7. When they are dry to the touch, gently remove the cookie cutters. Don't worry if some loose seed falls off. Take out the straws and allow to finish drying overnight.
8. In the morning, run a piece of twine through each hole and hang them all over your favorite trees. Throw the seed that fell off out into the yard, too, or put it into you bird feeder. Trust me - they'll still eat it!