Crafts For Teen Girls To Make
Choosing the crafts each time can be a challenge for several reasons. It needs to be something they can completely finish (or do most of) because once they leave they're probably not going to work on it themselves - that's just the nature of teenagers. Remember?
It also needs to be a project that keeps they're attention, is age-appropriate and is cool enough that they'll want to keep it or give it to someone special. But hey, no pressure on the Bible study leader, right?
Here are just a few of the projects we've done together in the year we've been meeting.
* This month's craft will be the adorable cross stitch hangers pictured above. It will probably take us a couple of seasons to get them done, but they'll have a cute memory of our time together.
* At our very first meeting I gave them notebooks and full access to my craft room. They were so creative with their altered journals. Now they bring them back each time and add their notes from the day's study.
* In April, we made burlap crosses with several dollar store finds. They even wanted to make a few extra to give to others.
* Old, used denim is always great for teenagers. This simple pocket ornament will look great on their tree at home or to give as a gift.
* These lovely little pillow boxes made of recycled cardboard tubes let the girls use their creativity and think about gifts they can share in them.
* One of the girls entered her upcycled succulent planter in the 4-H fair and won a blue ribbon. That absolutely made my day!
I hope these ideas jumpstart your creativity! You can also click on the "crafts" label at the lefthand side of the screen for more great tutorials.