Strawberry Lemonade Donuts
Nothing says summer like pink lemonade, right? Everyone stands in line for cold, sweet, pretty drinks when it's getting warmer, but that's totally unnecessary. You can make a lemonade-themed donut and get double the dose of both sweet and lemon!
Just a note: don't use the ingredient measurements on the cake mix box or you will actually bake cake. The adjusted measurements below will turn the thicker batter into donuts.
You can find more homemade donut recipes by typing "donut" into the search bar at the top of this page.
1 boxed cake mix, lemon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 container strawberry frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine egg, water and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Stir in cake mix and beat until I smooth and creamy.
3. Lightly spray four 6-cup donut pans with nonstick spray.
4. Half fill each cup of the pan with batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. The tops will spring back when you touch them.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. For the glaze, melt half the container of frosting in a microwave-safe bowl at 15-second intervals. Stir and melt until smooth.
8. Dip the tops of each donut in the melted frosting and immediately in the sprinkles. The glaze will harden as it cools, holding its shape and the sprinkles in place.