Grilled Hawaiian Burgers
It hurts to admit this, and I will probably be shunned by those who love me, but I'm not a big fan of burgers. There. I've said it, and it's out there.
It's probably because I've had too many dry, tasteless, crumbly burgers in my lifetime. But when they're made to be juicy and full of flavor, I'll gladly eat those burgers! These quarter-pound patties are marinated in pineapple juice, making them absolutely wonderful. Grilled inside or outside, they're definitely burgers I would eat any day of the week.
1lb ground sirloin
8 1/2oz can sliced pineapple
1 cup BBQ sauce
1. Shape ground sirloin into four 1/4-pound burgers. Place them in a small baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the juice from the pineapple and the BBQ sauce.
3. Pour the marinade over the four burgers and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Heat grill pan to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
5. Remove the burgers from the marinade and arrange in the heated grill pan. Cook about 5 minutes per side, basting with the marinade, until burgers are cooked through.
6. When the burgers are done, take them out of the pan and lightly grill four of the pineapple slices. Stack a burger and a pineapple slice on a bun and serve with your favorite burger sides.