Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Streusel
This sweet potato casserole features a pecan streusel topping that you'll want to put on everything - I have a little in the refrigerator right now! You can also make this recipe the day before your big meal and heat it for about 50 minutes straight from the fridge.
6-7 large sweet potatoes
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbsp cinnamon
5 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks and cover with water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then cook until fork tender. Drain and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Add all the casserole ingredients to the mixer bowl and beat on medium speed. Filling will become lighter and fluffy. Pour into baking dish.
4. Combine butter, brown sugar, flour and salt in a small bowl. It will become a crumble, just barely sticking together. Fold in the pecans.
5. Evenly cover the top of the casserole with streusel.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until top is slightly browned. If baking directly from the refrigerator, allow 50 minutes to cook completely.