Sausage, Cranberry And Pecan Stuffing
Make this dish up ahead of time, then cover with cling wrap and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. On Christmas Day all you'll need to do is put it in the oven and heat it up!
1lb ground Italian sausage
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
1 ripe Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
2 small boxes herb stuffing mix
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large cast iron skillet, thoroughly brown the sausage.
3. Add onion, celery and garlic, cooking until all are slightly soft.
4. Stir in apple, then the stuffing mix.
5. Once heated through, slowly add the chicken broth and stir to combine.
6. Fold in the pecans and cranberries.
7. Pour mixture into baking dish. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, and cover any leftovers with foil. (There won't be much left over, though - I promise you that!)