Christmas Morning French Toast Casserole
1 loaf crusty bread, at least a day old
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
Cinnamon sugar topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter, cubed small
1. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and transfer to dish.
2. Mix eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread.
3. Cover with cling wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
4. Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl, cutting in the butter last.
5. Cover with cling wrap. Place in refrigerator overnight.
6. On Christmas morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle topping evenly over the bread mixture.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Begin checking at 45 minutes, making sure the top of the bread doesn't overbake.