Springtime Cookie Cake
Now to share a sweet secret - I made two of these giant cookies. One went to the church and the other is on our kitchen counter. With a chunk broken off one side. Now you know.
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup pastel chocolate candies
1/2 cup pastel sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch round baking dish with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Use a mixer to cream butter and sugar. Add in egg and vanilla.
3. Slowly add in all the dry ingredients. You'll end up with a thick dough that will wrap itself around the beater.
4. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in candy and sprinkles.
5. Press dough evenly into pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes, until the top is fairly crusted and light brown. Don't overbake, or it will be too dry inside.
7. Once the cookie has completely cooled, remove it from the pan and discard the foil. Decorate as desired.