Chocolate And Coffee Doughnuts With Coffee Glaze
Need I say more?
These yummy doughnuts are the perfect way to start the day.
Or finish the day.
Or make the day go by a little smoother.
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup almond milk (or whole milk)
1/4 cup dark roast coffee
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp coffee
1/4 cup water (minus 3 Tbsp)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, coffee, sugar, egg, coconut oil and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
4. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture, stirring until smooth.
5. Fill prepared pans 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. Leaving the doughnuts in the pan, cool for 20 minutes. Then flip them out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.
7. While the doughnuts are cooling, make the glaze. You want 1/4 cup TOTAL of liquid, so add 3 Tbsp water to a 1/4 cup measuring cup, then fill the rest of the way with water. Heat water and coffee in a small sauce pan until simmering.
8. Pour liquid into a medium bowl and add the granulated sugar. Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
9. Drizzle glaze over completely cooled doughnuts.