Blackberry Brown Sugar Streusel Cake
I couldn't find a recipe I liked for my first bucket of blackberries, so I created my own. I love the combination of brown sugar and blackberries because they two ingredients compliment each other so well.
Serve this up with a big bowl of ice cream and you're all set. Hopefully you love it as much as we did.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
3/4 cup almond milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups blackberries
Streusel topping -
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter (half a stick cut into tiny pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Mix brown sugar, Crisco, egg, milk, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
3. Gently fold in the blackberries
4. Pour batter into baking dish.
5. Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Post a Comment