Very Cherry Quick Bread
That’s why this cherry quick bread is so amazing. It has chopped cherries in it, and the frosting is made from the cherry juice. Cheers to cherries!
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 10-oz jar maraschino cherries
Cream cheese frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, packing powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be thick and heavy.
5. Drain cherry juice from jar into a small bowl. Pour almost all of the juice into the batter bowl, reserving about 1/8 cup to add to the frosting.
6. Cut cherries in half and fold into batter.
7. Divide batter between the two loaf pans.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Check for doneness and continue baking for up to 10 more minutes as necessary.
9. Spoon frosting into a medium bowl and carefully stir in the remaining cherry juice. Frost and decorate to your heart’s content when the breads have cooled.