Why Is Water So Important To Our Health?
In every diet, workout plan and healthy living article, we read that water intake is one of the most important ingredients in our body’s health. On average, we’re supposed to drink 64 ounces of water every day, which can be difficult to do in the hustle and bustle of the day.
So why is water so important, and why do we need to be diligent about drinking enough?
* Water keeps the cartilage in our joints absorbing the shock of walking properly.
* Our blood carries oxygen throughout our body, and blood is 90 percent water.
* Our skin needs water to be healthy and prevent wrinkles.
* Our digestive system needs water to digest food and move waste out of our body.
* Water helps prevent all kinds of health problems, like kidney stones, asthma flare ups and constipation.
* Drinking plenty of water will enhance our body’s performance during exercise and strenuous activity.
If that’s not enough reasons to drink enough water during the day, recent studies have shown that dehydration can lead to kidney failure, urinary tract infections and increased blood pressure.
So go fill up your water bottle and start drinking! Your body will thank you.