For Peanut Butter Lovers Day - Peanut Butter Snack Bars
In honor of this peanut-buttery day, here is a simple energy bar that celebrates everything wonderful about this concoction. You can trade out some ingredients for your favorite mix-ins, making it even better.
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup coconut flakes
Sea salt caramel baking chips
1. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with wax paper.
2. Combine all ingredients through coconut flakes in a large bowl, mixing until combined.
3. Scrape bowl into the baking dish. Press firmly with the back of a spoon until evenly packed in.
4. Sprinkle top of bars with almonds and baking chips. Press into the top. None should move when you tilt the dish.
5. Refrigerate for at least three hours. Remove from dish using the wax paper. Cut and place in a n airtight container.