Protein-Packed Sausage And Egg Muffins
The more I read about women’s nutrition, the more I understand how important protein is to our bodies. And if it’s spread out during the day, that’s even better. These handy sausage and egg muffins are the perfect size for breakfast, especially if you’re in a hurry in the morning. They freeze incredibly well and can be reheated in the microwave for 60 seconds. If you’d like to substitute freshly cooked bacon, that would be great, too.
1 pound Italian sausage
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
8 oz bag shredded cheddar cheese
2.5 oz bag shredded bacon pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium cast iron skillet, brown the sausage.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add butter, eggs and milk to the dry ingredients. Combine well.
5. Stir in cheese and bacon.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.