10 Reasons I Love My Library
If it was up to me, I would live at the library. No chores, no responsibility, no work - just books. Lots and lots of books. That’s my definition of heaven on earth right there. Books.
I remember the day that I moved up to the adult book section from the Children’s Room at our library. I had been reading since I was 3 years old, so I was still in elementary school when the world of the second floor opened up to me. I’ve been there ever since.
Here are just a few of the many reasons I love our library. What are yours?
1. The wide variety of titles, from classics to new releases.
2. Reading areas to burrow into.
3. The architecture and history that goes with a Carnegie Library.
4. Amazing, knowledgeable librarians.
5. Library patrons have access to music, magazines and databases on the library's website.
6. Writing groups for all ages.
7. They have weekly and monthly book clubs on a variety of themes.
8. The History Room, where you can do family genealogy and in-depth historical research.
9. If they don't have a title or series, they will find it for you and keep it on hold until you can pick it up.
10. Everything is free. That's a blessing in itself, considering all they have to offer.
Haven't been to the library in a while? Take time this week to stop in - it might surprise you.