Wild Blackberry Hand Pies
And if you don't have wild blackberries on hand like some of us, any fruit will work beautifully inside this airy dough.
1 can (8 biscuits) refrigerator biscuits
2 cups blackberries
1/8 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine blackberries, flour, sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir until coated.
3. Flatten each slice of biscuit dough until very thin. Place rounded spoonfuls of berry mixture on one side of the dough and fold over. Crimp the edges together with the tines of a fork.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 and bake until tops are brown and filling has just begun to ooze out.
5. Remove from baking sheet to a cooling rack. Serve with ice cream.