Snickerdoodle cookies are an amazing treat by themselves, but add a candy surprise to the middle and they're out of this world!
They're best eaten warm, so don't worry about how to pack up the leftovers. I think you understand what I'm trying to subtly tell you...
1 bag Snickerdoodle cookie mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 package of the tiniest chocolate/peanut candy you can find (like Snickers)
2. Pour cinnamon/sugar mixture from the cookie package into a bowl and set aside.
3. Combine all ingredients except the candy and the cinnamon/sugar mixture in the cookie package.
4. Wrap each piece of candy with just enough dough to cover it completely, pinching the edges closed. This will keep all of the obey-gooeyness in.
5. Roll the cookie dough ball in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on the baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies have a slight crust on the outside.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Leave cookies on the sheet for a minute or two to finish hardening, then remove them to the cooling rack. If they last that long...