Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
I'd say that ice cream and chocolate syrup are optional ... but they're not.
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 2 Tbsp butter in 9-inch cast iron skillet and put in oven while it heats up.
2. Use mixer to combine sugars and 1/2 cup butter until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Slowly add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture, mixing well each time.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Remove skillet from oven and swirl to cover bottom and sides with the melted butter. If there is quite a bit left, pour out the extra.
6. Press dough into skillet and spread evenly.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. The edges will be firm and slightly crispy.
8. Do not, under any circumstances, allow the cookie to cool before serving with ice cream and toppings. That would just be wrong.