We're In Combat Mode
No, you won't find Danny and me dressed in matching outfits. Ever. Coordinating, perhaps, but not matching.
We needed something to kick-start a change in our lives. We realized we've become pretty complacent in our routine.
You know that a rut is just a grave with the ends kicked out, right?
So we are officially in combat mode.
For us, that means fighting the good fight of faith in every aspect of our lives. No matter what.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:10-13
Here's what combat mode looks like for us:
* spiritual life - daily quiet time and Bible study. Being in church every time the door is open and preparing for worship before we ever get to the church house.
* physically - exercise as often as possible. Eating better and limiting portion sizes. Being active instead of sitting around like bumps on a log.
* financially - being better stewards of the money God has given.
* house and home - again, being better stewards of the home and property God has given. Cleaning, arranging and taking care of every aspect of the house and land.
* relationships - getting outside our happy little bubble and fellowshipping with friends and family. Spending time before and after services with church family, having guests at the house and writing letters to those who live far away. Taking time to notice what the needs are around us and doing whatever we can to meet them.
* attitudes - looking at every task as a calling from God to work for His honor and glory. Getting past the need to be seen of men, the laziness and the apathy that keeps us from going above and beyond the everyday.
Please join us in putting on the whole armor of God. It's time to enter into combat mode and fight the good fight of faith in every aspect of your lives. We know we will come out victorious in the end because the battle's not ours, but God's.