Peanut Butter Cookie Hearts With Powdered Sugar Frosting
To make things simple, each large cookie uses one egg, one cup of sugar and one cup of peanut butter. I told you it was easy. The fun part is that you pull the cookie out of the oven while the middle is still a little jiggly, and it will flatten some and create a shelf for the frosting. It’s a little hard to put into words, but you’ll see it when you try it. And you know you want to try it!
Ingredients for cookie:
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
Ingredients for frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
A splash of milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a heart-shaped baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg, peanut butter and sugar. Mix until smooth.
3. Scrape the batter into the baking pan, spreading it evenly.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. The outside edge will be brown and crisp and the inside will still be a little soft. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool on a baking rack. When the cookie is cool, it will sink some in the middle and harden, making it a dish of its own.
5. When the cookie is cool, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to make frosting. Pour it into the cookie, and the raised edges will keep it in. Decorate as desired.
Post a Comment