Mini Butter Ball Cookies
For some reason, everyone loves tiny desserts. Maybe it’s because you can have several and feel like you’re not overeating. Maybe it’s because you can sample a variety of treats and not get stuffed. Or maybe it’s just because they’re so stinkin’ cute! You can’t eat just one...
That’s why these adorable little butter cookies are the perfect treat. They’re very easy to make, the recipe is simple and you get these tiny butter balls of goodness to keep and to share.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 container frosting
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer until completely combined. Add vanilla, flour and salt. Mix well. The dough will be crumby, but will hold its shape when rolled into balls.
3. Use a serving spoon to measure out and roll 2-inch balls. Line them up on the baking sheet.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes. The bottoms burn easily, so check at 6 minutes. Balls should be slightly browned but not burnt.
5. Allow to follow completely. Frost and sprinkle.