Pulled Pork Street Tacos
First up is an incredibly juicy pulled pork street taco. The meat only takes about 3 hours to cook to tender perfection, making it simple to prepare and a delight to eat.
If you don’t have birch beer or pomegranate apple cider vinegar available, you can substitute regular beer and cider vinegar or create your own basting sauce.
2-3 pound pork butt
2 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup birch beer
1/2 cup pomegranate apple cider vinegar blend
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Small street taco tortillas
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Whisk together the dry rub ingredients - paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Completely coat the pork with the rub, then wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. In a large baking dish, combine the birch beer, vinegar and liquid smoke. Bring to boiling, then cover and move to the oven.
4. Cook meat at 325 degrees for 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes. The meat will be fork-tender when it’s ready.
5. Cool meat for 20-30 minutes, then shred. Stir in BBQ sauce to taste.
6. Serve on street taco tortillas with cheese and your other favorite taco toppings.