Tater Tot Casserole
The added bonus for a household of two is that this dish lasted for three days. We were able to stretch our grocery budget a little farther and enjoy an amazing meal.
2 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/4 cups water
2 packets sloppy joe mix
1 6-oz can tomato paste
1 large bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 4-oz can mushroom stems and pieces
1 package frozen toter tots
1/2 bag of shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large cast iron skillet, brown the ground beef and drain the fat.
3. Add water and sloppy joe mix. Stir until combined, then allow to come to a boil. Simmer uncovered until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
4. Add tomato paste and stir until combined. Add vegetables and mushrooms,
5. Pour mixture from skillet to baking dish. Spread tator tots evenly over the top of the mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
7. Remove dish from oven, sprinkle cheese evenly over the casserole and return to the oven. Bake 8-10 minutes, until tots are browned and cheese is melted.