Homemade Whole Wheat Crackers
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
4 Tbsp salted butter (1/2 stick)
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pull out two baking sheets.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and paprika.
3. Use a fork to cut cold butter into the flour mixture. It will turn into large crumbs.
4. Mix water and vanilla, then pour into the flour mixture. Use your hands to combine all ingredients into a dough.
5. Tear a piece of parchment paper into the size of your baking sheet. Place it on your work surface and dust with flour.
6. Roll out half the dough on the floured paper as thin as possible - about 1/16 of an inch. If it's not this thin, your crackers won't be crispy.
7. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut the rolled out dough into small squares or rectangles. Transfer the entire paper to the baking sheet.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 9-12 minutes, watching for crispness, not burnt edges.
9. While the first sheet is baking, repeat steps 6-7 with the remaining dough.
10. Remove from oven and cool completely.