Roasted Bratwurst And Peppers
In our house, bratwurst are a staple when we grill. Burgers, steaks, pork chops and other goodies will rotate in and out, but you'll almost always find bratwurst. But what about on the days you can't (or don't want to) pull out the grill? Here's a great way to roast them with some peppers and stay inside the whole time.
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup apple juice
Mesquite grilling seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a foil-lined baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Place bratwurst in a medium pot and pour in broth and juice. The bratwurst should be completely covered with liquid, so add more of each or a little water to fill.
3. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Drain out the liquid and transfer the bratwurst to the baking pan. Lightly top with grilling seasoning.
5. Roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping when halfway through.
6. While the bratwurst are cooking, heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add peppers and grilling seasoning to the skillet. Stir frequently until the peppers are soft and slightly charred.
7. When bratwurst are done, serve in a bun and top with the peppers.