Ground Beef, Sweet Potato And Zucchini Skillet
Just a note: do all the prep work ahead of time before you start cooking. Each step goes by pretty quickly, so having everything ready will definitely help.
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 clove minced garlic
Mesquite seasoning to taste (or whatever favorite spice blend you have on hand)
1 cup finely chopped traffic light peppers (red, yellow, green)
2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
1/4 cup water (maybe)
1 medium zucchini, quartered
1. Heat olive oil in a very large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
2. Brown the ground beef and garlic, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the beef mixture from the skillet and add the peppers. If necessary, add olive oil as needed.
4. Add the sweet potatoes. If necessary, add 1/4 cup of water to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Put a lid on the skillet to keep the steam in and cook the potatoes through. Stir occasionally to keep them from burning.
5. Add the zucchini and put the lid back on. It should only take a few minutes to get them tender, so keep checking and stirring.
6. When the potatoes and zucchini are ready, add the meat mixture back in and stir to combine. Heat everything for an addition couple of minutes and serve immediately.