Cinnamon Sugar Bars
Ok, so they're pretty amazing any time you want them.
And with just a few ingredients, all of which you probably have in your pantry right now, they're also easy to put together. So make a batch today and enjoy sharing them with someone special.
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 cups mixed nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until smooth. Add the two egg yolks.
3. Slowly add in the flour, cinnamon and salt.
4. Spoon mixture into pan and spread evenly.
5. Whip the two egg whites until fluffy. Pour into pan and spread evenly.
6. Press nuts into the top of the mixture.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm.