Cool Ranch Doritos Chicken Salad
I'm also always looking for something new to do with salads.
Combine the two and you've got a new family favorite - Cool Ranch Doritos Chicken Salad.
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk (a small container)
8 oz Cool Ranch Doritos (half a normal-sized bag)
1/3 cup flour
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in large zip-top bag. Add buttermilk and let marinate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
3. In a large bowl, crush the chips until almost a powder. Add flour and dry ranch dressing mix.
4. Drop the chicken by handfuls into the dry mix and turn to coat. Spread out on sprayed baking sheet.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
For my salad, I used romaine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, tricolor tortilla strips and dried cranberries.
You can also make them as chicken tenders, and change the cooking time to 20-24 minutes.