Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies
It's a good thing it's my favorite!
With a box of brownie mix, a tub of cheesecake filling and some fresh blackberries, you can be in sweet-lover's heaven in less than an hour.
You can also make this with brownies and cheesecake from scratch if you're so inclined.
1 box brownie mix, 9x13 family size
eggs and oil as brownie mix package requires
1 tub prepared cheesecake filling
1 1/2 cups blackberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Mix brownie batter according to box directions. Spoon into baking dish and bake as directed on box.
3. While the brownies are baking, combine the berries, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir frequently and use a spoon to help break down the berries into a puree. This make take at least 10 minutes. (I like a little of the seeds left in my blackberries, but you may not. Cook for longer if you want them all gone.)
4. Once the puree is smooth, strain the juice using a fine-mesh kitchen strainer. Squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can. Leave it to cool to room temperature.
5. Once the brownies are completely cool, spread the cheesecake filling on top.
6. Drizzle the puree over the cheesecake and swirl with a knife.
7. Cut and devour!