Sweet Potato Taco Bowls
Plus, you can’t go wrong with a sweet potato bowl. You can eat all of it and not have to do any clean up. Double win!
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
Pineapple Mango Salsa
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Poke each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place in a small baking dish and roast at 400 degrees for 50-55 minutes, until they are tender when tested with a fork.
3. Brown ground beef in a cast iron skillet with taco seasoning. Add the garlic and onion powder, stirring to combine and heat through.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Cover skillet and cook about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. When potatoes come out of the oven, cut a slit lengthwise and almost completely through. Spoon ground beef mixture into your potato bowls and top with salsa. Serve with your favorite sides.