Blackberry Glazed Grilled Chicken
I don't think you'll mind. And remember, you can substitute other berries if you like them more. It's not about following a recipe to perfection, but in making a meal that's perfect for your family.
So this week I steered clear of sweets and made a lovely blackberry marinade and glaze specifically for chicken. And then I got the grill out and got to work.
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups blackberries, partially smashed
1 cup olive oil
1/2 balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp hot sauce
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
steak seasoning to taste
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup blackberries, partially smashed
1. Combine blackberries, olive oil, vinegar, hot sauce, sugars and seasoning in a gallon bag. Add the chicken, gently shake to coat and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
2. Set grill to medium heat.
3. While grill heats, prepare the glaze. Combine water and corn starch in a saucepan, whisking until smooth. Add sugar, vinegar and blackberries, mashing the berries a little more once in the liquid. Continue to whisk.
4. Heat the mixture until slightly thickened, then remove from heat and cover.
5. Spray the grill with nonstick spray and grill chicken 5-6 minutes, then flip to grill 3-4 more minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
6. Spoon sauce over chicken once on the plate, and serve with veggies and potatoes.