They keep well in the refrigerator for only a few days, but they probably won't be around that long.
1 8-oz package refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 fresh lemons
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 7x9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Open the can of dough and spread it flat on a cutting board. Split it in half, pressing one half into the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Zest the two lemons and juice them. Separate out 1/4 of the zest, then mix the rest of the zest and the juice together in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar and the lemon mixture until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture on the the bottom crust. Top the mixture with the other half of the dough.
5. Mix the remaining lemon zest and 3 Tbsp sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over top layer of dough.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top will be brown and crispy. Cool in baking dish until room temperature, then place in refrigerator overnight.
7. When fully chilled, remove from the dish using the foil. Cut into bars and return to the dish or serve immediately.