7 Things To Pray Over Your Husband Today
The most powerful and most loving act we can do for our husbands today is lift them up in prayer. It may sound trivial, but I am determined to be a prayer warrior, standing in the gap for my husband and fighting Satan in spiritual warfare.
Every day I put on my combat boots and get in the trenches with Jesus Christ. Scripture says that He is seated at the right hand of God making intercession for us, so I'm going straight to my Intercessor on behalf of my husband. Daily, hourly, sometimes minute by minute. This is my fight and my battle for my marriage and my family, and I take it incredibly seriously. I hope you do, too.
If you're interested in some very specific, very practical ways to pray for your husband, here are seven suggestions to get you started. It's always good to pray Scripture and insert your husband's name into every verse, so I've included a verse with each prayer to pray over him.
1. Pray that your husband will understand God's calling and purpose in his life. (2 Peter 1:3-10)
2. Pray for God's wisdom in every decision he makes. (Proverbs 1:5-7)
3. Pray a hedge of protection around him. (Psalm 91:1-2)
4. Pray that he will have a reputation that is respected and untarnished. (Matthew 5:15)
5. Pray for the Lord to show him a way out of every temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
6. Pray for God's protection on his mind, to discern truth and take every thought captive. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
7. Pray that your marriage will grow stronger and honor God every single day. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
What specific prayers do you pray over your husband every day?