Slow-Cooker Cheesy Ham And Potatoes
This feeling of satisfaction multiplies around the holidays. There’s enough rushing and hurrying and doing as it is, without adding in one more dish to make. That’s where this cheesy ham and potatoes recipe takes the prize. It’s an amazingly comforting side dish that will go perfectly with your Thanksgiving meal plan. These amounts are for a small slow cooker (about 4-5 servings), so double it for a larger group.
A few notes before you begin: 1. Don’t use any nonstick spray on the inside of the slow cooker. It’s not necessary and it makes everything super-greasy. 2. If you’re using pre-diced ham, rinse and dry it all thoroughly before layering it in, otherwise it will just make the bottom layer of potatoes soggy. 3. Don’t add any more than 2/3 cup of cream, no matter what your layers look like. They are definitely not dry, and too much liquid just makes everything mushy. Not cool when it’s as yummy as this.
1 medium sweet potato, cut in half and sliced
1 medium potato, cut in half and sliced
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups diced ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 slices Muenster cheese
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Set slow cooker to high to get it up to temperature.
2. In a large bowl, toss all potato slices, garlic powder and flour until completely coated.
3. Line bottom of slow cooker with half the potato slices. Add a layer with half the two cheeses and ham.
4. Repeat potato layer, cheese and ham.
5. Pour heavy cream over the layers.
6. Turn slow cooker to low and leave for 4-5 hours. Stir and serve immediately.