Christmas Morning Cake Mix Donuts
Don’t use the measurements on the box or you will actually bake cake. The adjusted measurements below will turn the thicker batter into donuts.
1 box of your favorite cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 can cream cheese frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray two donut pans with nonstick spray.
2. Mix the donut ingredients in a large bowl. Fill donut pans half full.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. The tops will spring back when you touch them.
4. Allow to cool in the pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely before adding glaze.
5. For the glaze, melt frosting in a microwave-safe bowl at 15-second intervals. Stir and melt until smooth.
6. Dip tops of donuts in the melted frosting, then in sprinkles. The glaze will harden as it cools, holding its shape and the sprinkles.