Why More People Think Iowa Is Amazing Than Ever Before
Iowa has received national recognition lately as a great place to live and work - something Iowans have known for several generations! No longer just a fly-over state or a pass-through on the way to somewhere, Iowa is seeing a resurgence of interest in what makes it so great.
Here are just a few reasons you should be interested in Iowa:
* Our pace of life is slower and more relaxed. While the big cities bustle like anywhere else, there are many smaller towns and communities where it’s easy to live in the moment and take time to know the people around you.
* You’re going to meet kind, happy people everywhere you go. It’s been called Iowa Nice, but it’s really about wonderful people and creating connections with those around you. This is the place to be if you want store owners to call you by name and chefs to know your order when they see you come in the door of their restaurant.
* We have our priorities straight. It’s all about family, friends, helping and caring. The other stuff can wait.
* It’s by far one of the most beautiful, diverse and picturesque states in the country. In the few hours it takes to drive from one side to the other, you’ll find cornfields, rolling hills, prairie lands, wide lakes, thick forests and abundant wildlife. No matter where you live and work, you’re never far from the beauty of nature.
* You can have all the arts and culture of big-city living without leaving your hometown. Even the smaller communities have theaters, museums and festivals. You’ll hear professional-quality performances in an intimate setting, and you can actually get to know the musicians, artists and writers personally because they live right here, too.
* There’s always something growing in Iowa, and Farm-To-Table isn’t just a catchphrase. It’s a way of life. The chefs use produce grown in their own town. Farmers markets set up almost every day of the week. There is even room to grown your own food so you know exactly where it’s coming from.
From the people to the land to the opportunities, Iowa is an amazing place to be. We hope you’ll come experience our Iowa Nice sometime soon.