Trail Mix Banana Bread
Clever, right? I know.
We’re going to add almonds, walnuts and mini chocolate chips to my cake mix banana bread to make something out of this world! I used my baking pan with the four braided loaves, just so I could spread the love around a little more.
3 brown, overly ripe bananas
1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans or four small pans with nonstick spray.
2. Combine bananas, cake mix, oil and eggs in a stand mixer until smooth.
3. Fold in chocolate chips, almonds and walnuts. Pour into prepared pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes for large loaves or 40-45 minutes for small loaves. A cake tester will come out clean when they’re ready.
5. Let bread cool before removing from pans. Slice it up and enjoy!